Make your child’s milestone year of Kindergarten count. Golden Pond has designed an exceptional Kindergarten curriculum that exceeds the Virginia Standards of Learning and is adapted to the Loudoun County Program of Studies while integrating the experiential learning methods and theme-based approach of the Golden Pond Way.
In addition to our Kindergarten, which runs from 8:10 a.m. to 2:10 p.m., Monday through Friday, we offer busy parents an After School Enrichment Program. After School Enrichment provides children with a structured environment for learning and play from 7:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. This classroom is referred to as the Eagles.
Kindergarten at a Glance
- Curriculum meets and exceeds the Virginia Standards of Learning for Kindergarten and is adapted to the Loudoun County Program of Studies
- Children must be 5 years old by September 30th
- Curriculum includes formal introduction to reading, math, geography, social studies, science, language arts, music, art and computers
- Daily Spanish lessons, weekly Music & Movement and Art
- Bi-monthly library trips
- Monthly theme-related field trips
- Small class sizes
- Hot lunch served each day
- Private Kindergarten can be combined with the Extended School program.
New Federal Tax Codes!
New federal tax codes allows parents to use money in 529 plans to pay for tuition for Kindergarten – 12th grade. According to the Washington Post, starting with the 2018 tax year, you can withdraw $10,000 per student, per year from a 529 plan to pay for primary or secondary education.
More information can found in this NY Times article.