Our Preschool, Kindergarten, Kindergarten Enrichment and Extended Day programs generally follow Loudoun County Public Schools closure policies for holidays, vacations, and in-service days.
Please consult the list of common holidays below and consult the school calendar for specific dates:
New Year’s Day
M.L. King Day
Thanksgiving Day, plus the days before and after
Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, the day after Christmas
Winter Break (determined each year)
In-Service Training Days
We may elect to close for one in-service training days per year for staff training. Parents will be given at least one month’s advance notice of school closure for in-service training.
Inclement Weather Policy
In addition to holidays, it may be necessary to close the school due to severe weather conditions, disasters, or failures of electrical, water, or heating systems. In the event of inclement weather, the decision to delay or close school will be made by our Regional Director, in consultation with Administration.
Golden Pond reserves the right to cancel school and/or the transportation of children after assessing road conditions for the safety of our students and teachers.
Communication during Inclement Weather or Other Emergencies
Golden Pond School will communicate school closings or delayed opening information via a school-wide email, local radio and television, and by a message on our telephone answering system. School closing information will also be posted on the WTOP radio website, www.wtopnews.com.
School Closures and Delays
GPS Part-time Preschool and Private Kindergarten Programs primarily follow Loudoun County Public School (LCPS) closing/delayed opening decisions. The decision to delay or close GPS Full- day Preschool Enrichment and Private Kindergarten with After School Enrichment will be made by our Regional Director, in consultation with Administration. The administration will use our discretion and consider local weather and staffing capabilities.
School closing or delayed opening information will be communicated through a school-wide email, our website (www.goldenpondschool.com) and WTOP radio (103.5 FM or wtopnews.com). Additionally, parents can call our school phone number (703-723-7663) for updates.
Loudoun County Schools closed:
- All GPS Programs closed.
- Breakfast Club begins one hour later
- Kindergarten, Preschool and JK Extended carline begins one hour later and classes end at their usual time.
- Lunch Bunch carline ends at its usual time.
- Preschool Enrichment begins and ends at its usual time.
- After School Enrichment begins and ends at its usual time.
- Breakfast Club begins two hours later
- Kindergarten and JK Extended carline begins two hours later and classes end at their usual time.
- Preschool carline begins two hours later and classes end one hour later than their usual time.
- Lunch Bunch is not available.
- Preschool Enrichment will begin and end at its usual time.
- After School Enrichment is available at its usual time.
- Kindergarten and JK Extended classes end one or two hours earlier than their usual carline time.
- Preschool ends at its usual time.
- Lunch Bunch is not available.
- Preschool Enrichment will close at the discretion of administration.
- After School Enrichment will close at the discretion of administration.
Loudoun County Schools closed and Golden Pond Closed by Administration:
- ALL GPS Programs closed.
- All programs will close accordingly. Please pick up your child promptly.