Kindergarten is an important milestone for you and your child. It marks the beginning of his or her formal school career. Golden Pond has designed an exceptional Full-day Kindergarten curriculum that exceeds the Virginia Standards of Learning and is adapted to the Loudoun County Program of Studies while integrating the experiential learning methods and theme-based approach of the Golden Pond Way.
In addition to our Full-day Kindergarten, which runs from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, we also offer busy parents an Extended School program. Extended School provides children with a structured environment for learning and play from 7:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Through our center-based classrooms, our Full-day Kindergarten curriculum highlights reading and math activities, as well as social studies and science, and art, music, and Spanish. Students also have opportunities to explore themes through educational field trips. Recent classes have visited the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C., and conducted a tadpole hunt at Rust Nature Sanctuary in Leesburg. Other Full-day Kindergarten field trips have included Broadlands Nature Center and Great Country Farms.
Is Your Child ready for Kindergarten?
Full-day Kindergarten at a Glance
- Curriculum meets and exceeds the Virginia Standards of Learning for Kindergarten and is adapted to the Loudoun County Program of Studies
- Children must be 5 years old by September 30th
- Curriculum includes formal introduction to reading, math, geography, social studies, science, language arts, music, art, and computer
- Daily Spanish lessons, weekly music and movement and art lessons
- Bi-monthly library trips
- Monthly theme-related field trips
- Small class sizes
- Hot lunch served each day
- Full-day Kindergarten can be combined with the Extended School program.
For schedule, please consult the Program Matrix.