Make your child’s milestone year of Kindergarten count. Golden Pond has designed an exceptional Private Kindergarten curriculum that exceeds the Virginia Standards of Learning and is adapted to the Loudoun County Program of Studies while integrating the experiential learning methods and theme-based approach of the Golden Pond Way.
In addition to our Private Kindergarten, which runs from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, we offer busy parents an Extended School program. Extended School provides children with a structured environment for learning and play from 7:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Full-day Kindergarten at a Glance
- Curriculum meets and exceeds the Virginia Standards of Learning for Kindergarten and is adapted to the Loudoun County Program of Studies
- Children must be 5 years old by September 30th
- Curriculum includes formal introduction to reading, math, geography, social studies, science, language arts, music, art, and computer
- Daily Spanish lessons, weekly music and movement and art lessons
- Bi-monthly library trips
- Monthly theme-related field trips
- Small class sizes
- Hot lunch served each day
- Full-day Kindergarten can be combined with the Extended School program.
For schedule, please consult the Program Matrix.